This article explains how to upload multiple documents at once to the corresponding employees' accounts. If you want to upload a single document to a specific employee profile, see Uploading Individual Documents.
Pre-requisites for importing files
Before uploading any files, ensure that you save all file names using one of the formats below:
Create the long bar between Employee ID and Category (as seen in the last two format types above) with three consecutive underscores "_ _ _".
See the table below for special cases or exceptions when naming files.
|Additional details in the file name
Include additional details in the file name after the date. Use an underscore "_" to separate them. For example: EmployeeID___Category_dd.mm.yyyy_additional_details
|Employee ID attribute
When including the Employee ID in a file name, the "Employee ID" attribute in Personio must be in English or German, and use one of the following names: "Employee ID", "Employee Number", "Mitarbeiter ID" and "Personalnummer".
If an employee has multiple surnames, separate the surnames with a space. For example:
|No category or date in the file name
If you do not include the category and date in the file name, the document will still be automatically assigned to the corresponding employee, but you will have to manually select the document category and date in step two of the Import wizard.
Import multiple files
After checking that all files are named correctly, follow the steps below to upload multiple files at once.
- Select Imports from the navigation bar in Personio. The Import wizard opens.
- Next to Upload file type, select Documents.
- Select or drag-and-drop all the documents into the Files field, then click Next.
Up to 100 documents can be uploaded with each import.
- Configure the columns for each document uploaded. Ensure the correct Employee, Category, and Document date is assigned. Edit as necessary.
- Remove documents by clicking the Bin icon under Actions.
- Click Next to Preview the import. Review the documents and how they will be assigned. If the data is correct, click Import.
Personio will scan documents for viruses, and upload the documents to the employee profile. See Next steps for more information.
Use the Autofill feature to assign the Employee, Category, or Document by clicking the small, downward-pointing arrow symbol to the right of each Column name to autofill.
Personio performs a virus scan on all uploaded documents. This may take a few minutes, during which an 🔄 icon and the status "Virus scan" appears next to the document.
- If the document is secure, it will become available for download once the scan is completed.
- If the document is not considered secure, or a virus is found, a ⚠️ icon will appear with the file. The only action that you or your employees can perform in that case is to delete the document.
Documents in the employee profile
Once imported, go to the Documents tab of the employee profile to view the uploaded documents under the assigned category.
Your IT department can create an API integration that will automatically upload several documents to the respective employee profiles. Find all the technical documentation in our Developer Hub.